Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
On a daily basis your carpets are being subjected to heavy wear and tear, which will affect the appearance of your premises. Commercial carpet cleaning every six months to a year will help you to prolong the life of your carpet, protect your investment and improve the look of your facilities.
Commercial Carpet Cleaning – First Impressions Count
Your carpet often provides the first impression of your business when someone walks into your building. It is also a big investment which needs to be kept clean in order to prevent premature wear. Contact us and we can provide a bespoke carpet maintenance programme, ensuring that your carpets receive the best possible care.
Maximise Your Carpet Investment
ServiceMaster Mercia eco-friendly cleaning products extend the life of your carpets and keep them looking fresh. This is achieved by two processes:
- ServiceMaster’s Fibrefresh cleaning products do not allow the carpet to re-soil too quickly, due to its low pH level.
- The ServiceMaster’s carpet maintenance programme prevents soil build-up, avoiding premature wear to the carpet fibres.
The Dos and Don'ts of Carpet Cleaning
ServiceMaster Clean understand our customer’s needs. Not only do we provide an excellent range of cleaning services, we also offer plenty of helpful advice on carpet maintenance. To prolong your carpet's life in-between our scheduled visits, read our useful Dos and Don'ts guide below.
- Ensure you place walk-off mats at entrances to your home or business. Dirty shoes and boots attract dirt in high-soil areas such as garages, gardens, yards and so on. Money invested upfront in these special mats will stop a high majority of the dirt and grime from being walked across your lovely carpet.
- Buy a quality vacuum cleaner and try to use it on a regular basis. In recent years, the vacuum industry has made significant improvements to their products. They are easier to manoeuvre as you clean carpets and generally, they are much better at doing the job at hand. They are lighter in weight; the suction is stronger, and they feature lots of convenient extras. A hoover can be your carpet’s best friend, so vacuum as much as possible. This removes all the loose dust and dirt from the carpet's fibres. Over time, unwanted particles dull the appearance of a carpet. Vacuuming frequently will extend your floor covering lifespan.
- Check if your vacuum cleaner uses bags. If so, try to change them frequently as this will help maintain maximum cleaning efficiency. Newer types of hoovers have been cleverly designed without bags which saves time and makes the effort of carpet cleaning even easier.
- Carpet cushion is important as it preserves the feel and look of a carpet. Invest in a good carpet cushion to prevent matting and underfoot crushing. A cushion also provides a certain level of stain and soil protection. A high-quality cushion promotes ventilation between the carpet and the floor. Even though we rarely see them, cushions make carpet cleaning more efficient.
- Every carpet should arrive with literature from the manufacturer. This is essential as every carpet has different styles, finishes and fibres. This means they will have their own unique cleaning guidelines. We believe you should treat a carpet like a textile product. Being consistent with your cleaning upkeep periodically will ensure your carpet remains inviting and durable for many years to come. Double check the carpet's warranty, as it may state that the fabric needs professional carpet cleaning to maintain the warranty.
- Avoid vacuuming over loose carpet yarn and avoid trying to pull out snags. Looped carpet designs can snag easily at carpet transition or seams. Treat loose threads like they are on an expensive tweed suit jacket. Carefully cut down the loose yarn until it's flush with the carpet. Take care not to catch any other carpet loops surrounding the problem area.
- Don’t leave the furniture in the same places for too long. It’s best to rearrange furniture at different intervals. An often-overlooked way of maintaining your carpet is the placement of heavy furniture. These weighty items can crush and compress the carpet pile, leaving noticeable indentations. Only when you move or redecorate will you notice any problems.
- Take special care of carpet areas near patio doors and windows as they can be affected by ultraviolet rays. No matter how rigorous your carpet cleaning regime, you won’t remove the problem areas which have been deteriorated by the harmful rays. A carpet's ability to withstand wear may also be affected. Use approved window treatments which protect carpets against sunlight.
- Don’t leave stains for too long, as they can soak into the carpet fibres. Immediately and carefully, blot up as much of the debris or liquid as possible using dry paper towels/cloths. Avoid scrubbing or rubbing the affected area as this could damage the fibres, creating permanent scar areas. Apply warm water (not hot) to rinse the area of the stain as much as possible. Hot water can set a stain and make it virtually impossible to remove. Press clean cloths deep into the carpet until the moisture of the stain no longer appears on the cloth. If a stain remover is needed, remove moisture before application and be gentle not to use too much of the stain remover. The next step is to rinse the area with warm water, then soak up the excess liquid with clean cloths. After the carpet has dried, vacuum the area to restore the carpet's appearance and texture.
- Don’t attempt to clean carpets alone. Contracting a professional cleaner to perform a scheduled cleaning regime is highly advised. Traffic and time take their toll on carpets. The professionals have the right experience and equipment to perform a more thorough job, especially when removing stubborn stains and embedded soil. The pros know when it’s necessary to perform commercial cleaning which saves the carpet's built-in protection. Also, non-professional and rental carpet cleaning equipment may not have the same suction power as those used by the pros.